Thursday, October 18, 2007

Favorite Bread Recipe

A to Z Bread

3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
3 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups A to Z
3 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts

Beat eggs in large bowl; add sugar and oil. Cream well.
Add A to Z and vanilla. Add dry ingredients (mixed together).
Mix well. Add nuts. Spoon into 2 well greased loaf pans.
Bake 325 for 1 hour.

A to Z – Use one of the following to equal 2 cups.

Apples, grated- Oranges, chopped
Applesauce- Peaches, chopped
Apricots, chopped- Pears, chopped
Bananas, mashed- Pineapple, drained & crushed
Carrots, grated- Pumpkin, canned
Cherries, chopped- Raspberries
Eggplant, ground up -Strawberries
Lemons (1/2 cup juice) -Yams, mashed
Zucchini, grated

2 comments:

simplycreating said...

Yummy!!! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for posting the recipe.

Suzie Petunia said...

This looks so yummy! Maybe I'll try it tomorrow. I've been wanting to make bread lately.

I was just catching up on your recent posts. Your kids are so cute, and they look so happy. I hope you are, too!