Sunday, August 30, 2009

School already?

Well as I am out here checking hotmail, family and friends sites and feeding Jace, I am feeling sad. Tomorrow is the first day of school already! I did school shopping a month ago, so it has sneaked up on me this time. Taylor gave the kids father's blessings and we made their lunches. We set Alana's new alarm clock as she needs to catch a 6:50 bus for the intermediate school. That will be tough.
I have loved having the kids around this summer and will miss them til I get used to the quieter house again. I do have the little ones to keep me busy with the crawler that is Mr. Curious and the 3 year old with spontaneous diarria lately. It is probably due to having peaches and pears a plenty that I'm canning.
Well, my point is that I am sad school is here again. I pray my kids are courageous in choosing the right and being a good example. I pray that they make good friends with those that will encourage them for the good. And I pray that they will always make the bus! I am so thankful for the gospel and the strength it gives to my family and me.
I wish for you a terrific school year!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I know I am having mixed feelings really. I am glad for the routine again but worried that this school might be a new a different challenge for my kids. No one else from our ward (that I know of) goes to this school. I am hoping for the best.
Lily is going to go into a preschool with Kyler.. I am so glad I found something for her.
We miss your family!!!

The Halgren's said...

Raleigh is starting preschool next week and we are really excited! I think it is easier for me since it is only 2 half days a week and it will be a nice break. Maybe that's my hormones speaking?! I still have Audrey around but she is a handful. Maybe some personal attention will help that! Good luck Hall kids!!!! We know you smarties will do really well!!!

The Dummfamily said...

We're going through the transition to having kids back in school too. When the older 3 leave, I'm a little sad. Then, they all come home and mess up the clean house in a matter of milliseconds. I think how nice it will be to have them back at school the next day!! I hope your kids have a great year.

Suzie Petunia said...

This post makes me sad that our kids aren't in the same school anymore. I hope they (and you!) are liking this new school year. We're just about to start our second week here... "Real life". Should be fun!