I just wanted you to know that I am still here. The twins are fourteen months and taking some steps. Walking will be a whole new exciting world to them. I imagine us being outside a lot in the months ahead and them exploring. We got ten yellow chickens that will eventually lay white eggs, so when our brown eggs start disappearing then the black chickens will be done with. Then I still pinch myself that we own cows as Taylor bought three black Angus steers at an auction. I do like the feeling of being able to be more self reliant when it comes to things and hope I'm able to handle a garden again. Taylor is putting in automatic sprinklers for the garden tomorrow! Soccer is finishing up except for Alana who is playing her first school sport. I'm so happy for her. School sports for me were mostly a given. Here it is very competitive. She painted her room a light blue and I'm repainting the dressers to be white. So, we are redecorating the 'guest room' for you!
This is turning into a modge podge of a post, but if I delete it then who knows when I will get back to blogging.
I have been feeling so unperfect lately. Then I read this article in the latest BYU magazine about how perfection is a process and Satan wants to make us feel like failures and give up. Or he wants us to be distracted and put all our energy into being perfect in the things that don't have eternal consequences. I need to read it a couple more times and hopefully it will sink in. In a way it is good to recognize our weaknesses so we can improve on them, yet don't lose sleep in the process.
I love Spring! My anniversary is next week, which means a date night. Then Mother's Day and my birthday are around the corner. I want the same thing every year- a hair cut and new clothes :-)
3 comments:
I always love your posts, no matter how far between they are (I only have 2 kids and I've had a hard time keeping up with blogging). We definitely all have those times of feeling imperfect. I'll have to read that article. I hope you get all your birthday/Mother's Day/Anniversary wishes! :)
Good to see you posting. Don't worry we ALL freel imperfect sometimes.
Yay! I'm so glad you posted! Thanks for your comment about perfection. I really needed to hear that. Oh and from my point of view you are perfect!
Post a Comment