Alana turned nine yesterday! She had a school friend over in the afternoon and they got to watch the Nancy Drew Movie. She also wanted her cake to be a big cookie, frosted with candy on top. Sorry, I don't have any digital pictures as I think our camera has suffered one too many falls :(
Her favorite present was between a lovely dress and a Hannah Montana CD. Alana we love you and are so blessed to have your fun spirit in our family.
Now with today being Father's Day, this has been an extra special weekend. The kids made candy bar cards. His bigger present, although nothing tops heartfelt cards, came a few weeks early and is sitting on our deck :) I have to say that Taylor is a great dad and supportive husband. He makes everything more fun. If you think I have patience, Taylor has much more. I love seeing him teach the kids new board games or play the piano while the kids sing. Another thing I appreciate is his desire to have a large family. He loves being all together and doesn't mind going shopping with a bunch of kids. I love you and the kids adore and love you, too!
5 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great week. Wish Alana happy birthday from us, I can't believe how big they are getting. What did Taylor get for Father's Day? Monte got his dream lawn mower great huh? I could care less but he sure is happy. And since I can't mow the lawn without having a major asthma attack, I'm thrilled he got what he wanted and is happy to mow away.
I can't believe she is nine! I remember when she was a baby! It's crazy how fast time flies! Did Taylor get a BBQ grill?
Yes, Taylor picked out a very nice BBQ! Hamburgers and mesquite chicken, here we come :)
How did I miss that one? Happy Birthday Alana! Sounds like you had a fun time. Happy Father's Day to Taylor also! Cute idea to make candy bar cards. I agree, Taylor is a great dad!
I love the BBQ for all of its "yumminess", but I also love that Clint cooks! The kids usually follow him outside and I'm all alone in the kitchen to whip up the side dishes. Love it! Now if we could only BBQ pizza...
Post a Comment