Summer hasn't slowed things down a bit, like I was hoping. My blogging is suffering as usual. Last week was Activities Days day camp for Alana and I was called to help with the childcare tags program for kids of leaders. It was three tiring days, yet it was nice for my younger four to be a part of the activities with me in there.
Swim lessons started last week (2 days/wk for 5 wks). Ashlynn is so excited after each class to tell me of how she can go underwater. Maya's class is a lot of water play and she loves it. Alana and Andrew are doing well. Taylor and Andrew went to a Father and Sons campout last Friday night and while rafting they tipped over! Taylor's first concern was to make sure Andrew was alright and he was swimming the best he could with his life jacket. It assured me that if we want to do family rafting, swim lessons are so important. By the way, Andrew thought the tipping over experience was the funnest thing ever :)
Ashlynn and Maya are in a Friday gymnastics class starting last week through July. The more we can squeeze in before baby comes, the better.
This weekend we get to visit the Homers in Sherwood, as well as Grandma and Grandpa Hall and Aunt Connie, Uncle Darrin, and cousin Matthew are coming, too! Happy and safe 4th everyone.
The following week is cub scout camp for Andrew. I get to help lead his group two of the days.
Despite the things on the calendar and because of some of these things, I love summer with my kids. They are so excited about life. I hope that within the daily busyness, I will make time to step back and truly live in the moment and see the bigger picture. Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me to be in the mist of these sweet spirits and to have the gospel in my home to be able to teach them and be with them (and Taylor :) for eternity. How has Thou seen fit to bless me so so much? God is love.
2 comments:
It does sound like you have a busy summer. I'm sure the kids are loving it though. That's a really nice schedule for swim lessons. It would be hard to go every single day, but twice a week is great!
Sounds like a lot of fun! That is funny that Andrew enjoyed tipping over so much! Thanks for the swim lesson tip...I'll definitely have to look into that for my guys!
Post a Comment