Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring break and before

Gas works park is along the water north of downtown and overlooks the skyline of Seattle with the Space Needle on the right. I loved the views with seeing the houseboats along the waters as well. It made me think back to the Sleepless in Seattle movie.

I didn't get many photos of the actually gas works part because batteries ran out, but here is a tiny example of the machinery left there to explore.



Since we didn't end up traveling to grandparents for spring break, we had the kids brainstorm ideas of things to do. One was makeovers, so I did the girls nails and hair and they got into dresses. We had a delightful lunch of apples on toothpicks and crackers with cheese and pepperoni.


We enjoyed a visit from the Scotts and met up with them at the Children's Musuem. Here Andrew is playing restaurant with friends, Hyrum and Jeremiah. There was also a cool Curious George exhibit play room that is there for a limited time.

Janae loved the grocery store, just her size.


This is the goldilocks and the three bears' house.
I didn't realize all there was at the Seattle Center. We walked around the Space Needle and enjoyed the fountain below. There's also the Pacific Science Center, a year round carnival, several theaters, and the Key Arena (where the Sonics used to play).


Friends of ours let us swim twice with them at their apartment complex. Janae didn't want to go in the water at first, now she loves it.

Jace was a little shocked but didn't cry a bit.



Ashlynn had her 7th birthday!

Yes, that is our little Maya riding a two wheeler. We got to thinking that she is five years old, so time to try riding a real bike. She did great, but still prefers the training wheels.

6 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Such cute pictures Stephanie! It's so great to at least see your kids this way and hear all the fun things you've been doing. Sounds like a great Spring Break! Good job on the girls' makeovers. I've never been to downtown Seattle--I'm glad you guys took the opportunity. Is the pool indoors? So fun!

Nat said...

Wow! You guys have been busy!

Hallway Express said...

The pool is indoors, of course. We got some snow last week! Crazy.

Jadie said...

Fun pics! I've never heard of Gas Works Park, but I'll have to check it out whenever we head up there next--my kids would go nuts over it! Loved the makeovers.

Megan said...

Stephanie! It's Megan Rowberry (Stoker). I saw your link on Melissa's site and had to peek to see what you guys were up to. IT has been too long! You like you guys are having a lot of fun and doing well.

The Dummfamily said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun! The kids are looking so grown up! Hope all is going well with the job search.