Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 4th


We woke up with no plans for the day. That soon changed as we got invited to a lunch potluck at Kayak Point, 45 mins north of here. A group of families in the ward have a tradition of getting together up there every 4th of July. I wanted to see the beach again before we moved so it worked out nice and the kids collected a bucket of little crabs.




Their bucket of creatures that most definitely were not going home with us!


Alana swimming with Andrew who had dragged a log in to float on.

Then Taylor helped them dig up another bucket of clams. I don't know if it was against the rules but we took the clams home and as Taylor left with the older kids to this cool mountain bike practice course below I-5, I got my first experience steaming something alive!

Here is what Taylor brought back from biking.

The kids with our good friends.


Later we set off fireworks and met some neighbors for the first time now that we are moving. They sure went all out with the big fireworks and we enjoyed the show. Our modest box of stuff didn't even compare, but that's alright. In our next town fireworks are banned so we will probably be going to the community displays for years to come.

Since we are moving later this week, my next post will be from the new place. See you then!

2 comments:

Jadie said...

Good luck with the move!

Jodi said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th. I hope the move goes smoothly