Summer, here we come. The kids got out the 11th and I am loving it, so far! (ok, its still pretty fresh) Don't have to worry about kids making the early bus, homework folders getting signed, the lunch meat being out of the freezer and thawed for those lunches, and driving a kindergartener mid-day. I like the kids having more time to help out around the house, piano, and extracurricular activities by mom. They are in the habit of writing in their journals after breakfast. I like this wonderful age of independent learners. Alana turned 11 yesterday and I am somewhat shocked that she has one more year til YW. Anyway, we don't have much scheduled this summer, just Andrew's 3 day cub camp, July 4th plans, and reunions in August, so it's freedom. Well, actually the huge garden will keep me grounded :)
Please come visit if you can. We'd love to see you!
1 comment:
I know wha tyou mean. I'm grateful for a break from the structure of school. I know I'll be ready for it back in my life come Aug.
Post a Comment