Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Brownies with a twist

So, a couple weeks ago, I ventured to cash n carry to check them out. There were several sales I could not pass up. Here's some; 15 dozen eggs for $10, 5 lbs. frozen vegetables for $3, 50 lbs. potatoes for $4, 40 hamburger patties for $20, and 25 lbs. carrots for $5 and 3 lbs cream cheese for under $4. This post has to do with the carrots. My brother got back from his mission last Thursday and we had a big gathering at my sisters house in Pasco over the weekend. I made carrot cake to share with cream cheese frosting as I had lots of both. I got out the food processor to grate the carrots and ended up with twice as much as I needed.
So, yesterday I decided to sneak some into brownie muffins. All my kids and husband who do not like cooked carrots, loved them and if I didn't tell them, they would not have known they were in there :)

Brownie muffins
2 cubes butter, softened
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1/2 c. Dutch baking cocoa
2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
(1 cup grated carrot)
350 degrees for 15-20 mins.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

These look yummy. We'll have to try them