I will give a little update as it has been forever, you know. The twins arrived 6 1/2 weeks early on February 7th! I was in labor at church not quite believing it was for real. I am so glad I found someone to teach RS for me and went home, then soon after to the hospital. They are Tallen Laine 4 lbs. 8 oz. and Kaylee Ann 4 lbs. 9 oz. They stayed at the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks. Kids weren't allowed in the NICU, so it was extra exciting bringing them home and introducing them to the family.
It has been a bit of a blur since, yet lately they are having more awake time which translates to longer sleeping periods! I tell you, having older kids this time around has been such a huge help. They can feed and burp them, especially Alana has been wonderful and is so good with taking care of them if I have to drop off or pick up a kid from something.
We did have a scare. They both got respitory infections ( the flu) a month ago and it hit Tallen harder and he was in the hospital for three days. Poor babies, it was hard seeing them so sick. We are all better now. Just wanted you to know that I am alive and things are looking up. We just adore these babies!
I would post pictures, but we are having problems downloading with this new camera card. :(
Happy Spring!
6 comments:
You are amazing!!!!! I can't imagine having twins plus 6 older kids. I wish we were closer so that I could help out. I can't believe you even got your announcements out! The babies are so cute. Hang in there
You are amazing Stephanie! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
How am I just now hearing about this. I didn't even know you were prego. congrats Stephanie and family. If anyone can handle twins, you can! You were always so calm and seemed to enjoy motherhood so much when you lived here.
Hang in there!
I can't wait to see the pictures! I'm glad things are looking up. I can't even imagine life with twins! Enjoy spring! It snowed here today--sigh!
Congratulations! I agree, it is so nice to have some older kids who help a little bit. So glad to hear that everyone is healthy! You are amazing!
Congrats on the sweet babies..I am so glad to hear you are all well. Wow you are one amazing mommy!
Post a Comment