Monday, February 25, 2008

Costa Rica :)

Taylor and I took a 2 hr. surfing lesson in Tamarindo our last full day. I got up a couple times and Taylor got up more. Tamarindo was about 1 1/2 hrs. south of Playa Hermosa (where we were staying). Tamarindo had a lot to offer vacationers.
Next time, we would spend more time there.

The Liberia Airport is fairly open and a this lizard just walks right in. No one really paid much attention to it, but I snapped a photo.


Taylor riding the 3 ft. waves. Just the right size for beginners.




I had to get a picture of the cows down there. They just looked so different then the ones I am used to seeing. This is actually a castrated bull.


One day we took a long windy trip to the Aernal Volcano. It is constantly active, as you can see the smoke coming out. The white rock on the sides glows red at night because it is burning.


Tourist stopped lots along the road to watch families of these little creatures.
I have forgotten their name, but they were cute.


This bird sat right outside our hotel room on her nest constantly. Her eggs hatched and we spotted the little ones here. We ate often out on the patio three ft. away
and she didn't even flinch.


This started our adventure streak. Our first full day we did a canopy tour where you repel from platform to platform up in the jungle trees.


Here's Taylor doing the superman pose. He got me doing it on video. It was quite a thrill.


I liked seeing monkeys in their natural habitat.


Sunday, we found a small branch in Liberia (40 mins. away) It was inspiring to see the church in a beginning, struggling, humble state there. A nice couple invited to drive us up to see a family ranch and other relatives that were building a vacation home on a secluded beach. This is where we caught this photo of the sunset.


Our driver to the volcano asked if we wanted to stop at a waterfall along the way. After a dirt road we hiked down and here it was. It kind of appeared out of nowhere. It was amazing.

One day we went kayaking and snorkeling. I had never snorkeled and it was one of my favorite times of the trip. The typical food is beans, rice, choice of meat and lettuce salad.
At first we loved it and ate it daily but it got to be a little too much beans and rice the 3rd or 4th day and we started craving pizza.

5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Wow I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm glad you got to go before the move. I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

simplycreating said...

How fun! I wish Monte and I went with you. We sure are jealous. I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip together. We loved looking at all the pictures.

The Halgren's said...

Wow, you look like you had so much fun! I am jealous!!!!!!!!! Next time I am stowing away in your luggage! Thanks for putting up the pictures!

5dollarFanatic said...

So much fun to hear about your trip. It sounded very adventurous, -was there only the two of you or were you with a group of tourists?

Suzie Petunia said...

Wonderful! I am so happy to see you two had a good time. Two hard working parents like yourselves really deserve an amazing vacation like that. I'm just sad I didn't get to pay you back by watching your kids the way you did for me. Remember that? I'm still so grateful and amazed at your generosity.