
Our mattress dilemma is over. It started with Taylor and I having sleep issues. I because of the pregnancy and him because of late dinners and having a lot on his mind. Then when one of us woke up the other would as well. It was time for a new mattress, it has been 10 years :) So, the end of March we purchased a queen pillow top. I soon realized it wasn't soft enough and we were still waking up. I called the store manager who said your body needs at least 2 weeks to get adjusted. Three weeks later . . . we finally went back and decided to use their comfort guarantee policy and upgrade to a king size, more plush pillow top. Three weeks after that . . . the order came in and we returned the queen and picked it up. Wow, it was quite a process, yet so worth getting it right. Taylor and I joke about it being so big, but we are sleeping again and
I'm in heaven.
4 comments:
hey, we just got ourselves a new mattress too! How funny! I am glad you were able to get everything worked out with your mattress situation! That would NOT be fun to be stuck with a bed you couldn't get comfortable in!
A good mattress is definitely a great thing. It's funny--we always said we didn't need a king size bed either, but I bet Matt would have liked it when I was pregnant so he'd have more than 6 inches of room on the bed next to my wall of pillows (I used 4 or so :) We love our memory foam though. We just bought a cheap mattress and put that on and it is SO comfortable!
Funny side note--I was just filling out your word verification to post my comment and got the word goobre. That's what I call Madelyn a lot! I thought it was funny.
We had a king to begin with, mostly because of how tall Joe is and also because we got a great discount working at the furniture store at the time. Anyway the only disadvantage is trying to sleep in a queen bed afterwards..you feel pretty cramped.
We love our king bed and your right a good matress is worth all the hassle. I love the bed spread it looks good!
Post a Comment