Friday, October 23, 2009

Finally decorating

What to put up in our bedroom? It is still bare above our bed, but I have one wall done. After realizing it would take me ages to pick out photos and get them developed for this nice multi-frame . . . I decided to fill it with decorative paper instead and then when I want something new I can just swap it out for other colors and it cost me little.

I measured and put up this shelf in the guest bathroom. It was something we had in a box and one more place to put our plants :)

When we moved in there were four white dots in the girls room. I think the previous owners had letters for their daughters name in them, but since Maya was sharing this room with her sister I was thinking of finding some butterfly ornaments to hang in them. Until I find something better, I opted to . . . .


. . . make my own butterflies.

So, I really wanted to find some new things to decorate my home with, but since I am trying to save money as the holidays are approaching, cheers to making the best with what I have.

6 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Looks good! I love when you can find inexpensive ways to decorate. We still haven't done much with our master bedroom--that's one of my goals this fall. I guess we'll also be decorating our 3rd bedroom finally if this baby turns out to be a boy! We'll see :)

The Halgren's said...

You have just totally impressed me! I have so many bare walls because I don't know what to do! Audrey's room still has an office feel to it. And when she moves into Ral's room, I am going to have to add some girly touches. I may steal your butterfly idea!

Jadie said...

Great ideas! I think the butterflies are perfect as is!

Jodi said...

Thanks for the great ideas. We've been in our house for eight years and still need to do a lot of work on it.

Natalie said...

Way to go Stephanie. Those all turned out nicely. I love those frugal ideas that work out just as nicely as if you had gone out and soent more money.

Suzie Petunia said...

Cute stuff! I really like the pretty paper as place holders for the pictures. That is a great idea!