Feat number one, I nursed Jace for (most likely) the last time today! He turns one on Saturday, so I have been weening him over the last 3-4 weeks. It's been nice doing it gradually. He has taken a couple steps, so the walking is coming.
Feat number two, or something I feel good about. Instead of stopping at the new Taco Bell on the way home from these busy soccer evenings, I have been getting something in the oven on a lower temp, or in the crockpot and so we come home with dinner all warm and ready for us. Tonight we had "Tin Foil" Casserole. Ground beef seasoned pressed on the bottom of a 9x13, with cubed potatoes and carrots & some onion flakes over that, mix cream of chicken, velveeta and a little milk and pour over. It was in the oven on 300 degrees for about 2 hours and whalaa the kids liked it :) For a side, I brought out a jar of cherries.
Taylor is in Bellingham for a couple days so more incentive to take dinner easy. I just feel good at resisting the temptation of fast food and saving money.
5 comments:
Way to go Stephanie! It is so easy to go fast food on those busy nights! (I find myself in that dilema sometimes too.) It seems like we have crockpot meals several times a week just to make everything work. Your budget and your waist will thank you!
That is one of the reasons I love living in the Sticks. No fast food. We'll be eating out of the crock pot for the rest of the month. We have soccer every night until the 30th!
Good for you! My mom came over and I did the Batch Cooking thing since Trevor is out of town. We had stuffed shells and Raleigh loved them! I will have to learn your Tin Foil Casserole and add it to my repertoire!
And congrats to Jace and his steps. I always was torn on whether on not I was glad to stop nursing. On the one hand...freedom, but on the other...you lose your instant meal!
Those are two big feats!! Kudos to you! I can't believe Jace is a year already.
Wow! Jace is almost one. Crazy! Good for you... crockpot meals, soups, and pre-made trays of crackers, cheese, veggies and fruit save me during these crazy busy days.
Post a Comment