Monday, January 4, 2010

Amazed . . .

Taylor and I both had the stomach flu over New Years. Me more on Sunday and him before. But, what I wanted to post about was that Taylor asked the kids to make breakfast Sunday morning. And with just asking a couple questions they produced a wonderful meal of pancakes and scrambled eggs! (I didn't know my kids could do that and if you were them wouldn't you choose to do something easy like cereal or toast?). For lunch, they made soup from a can and peeled and cut up carrots. I think I am going to have them cook more often :)
It taught me a lesson, not to underestimate kids!

3 comments:

Nat said...

That is awesome! I hope everyone is feeling better.

Em and Ms said...

That's awesome! I can't wait until that day comes :) Hope you guys are feeling better and nobody else got sick.

The Dummfamily said...

Sorry you were sick. I wonder what my kids would make. I think it would involve Captain Crunch! You're right about not underestimating them though--maybe I need to try and see what really happens.