Yes, we helped our kids miss school to go on our annual skiing trip. Why a school day? The 2 for 1 free skiing passes from the Shell station are only good on Tuesdays. White pass is about 1 hour away. This was Maya's first time and now she will tell you "The bunny hill is tooooo easy!" She went up on the big lift a couple times and did great! The others are getting pretty good, too. Andrew spent the afternoon going on some more difficult runs with his dad. I am happy for them. Next year, I will probably stay home with Janae and Jace as the lodge was quite boring. I came this time thinking Maya may not last the whole time, but she did. I am so happy for them and maybe I would like skiing if I learned it as a kid. Instead, I was 20 my first time and fell every 10 feet.
We forgot to bring our camera :(
A bright thing for me is I organized my photos and finally got them off the camera this morning.
Have a wonderful day!
5 comments:
That sounds like so much fun!
Fun. Did you put the kids in ski school? Kirk took our two oldest and had that hardest time trying to teach two. How did you guys handle it with all of your kids?
No, we didn't do ski school.
The three oldest had their first time last year and Taylor's brother and kid came along too. I'm sure he was a help. So, only Maya was starting out this time. I hadn't thought of the difficulty of teaching. Taylor did well, by the results :)
Justin took our older boys once last year and once this year. Being military really helps with the ski school prices. They have been begging to go again, but I don't think we can swing it again this season. Too much going on. IT 's so fun to watch the kids learn new things. Maybe next year when I'm not pregnant I could go.
I'm all for pulling my kids out of school for a fun day every once in a blue moon! 2 for 1 days are definitely worth it!! Glad they had such a good time.
Post a Comment