Thursday, March 4, 2010

What's new in our laundry room?

We bought ten baby chicks tonight! The kids are all over them, of course. They are pretty little and cute. I already forgot the kind these are, but in six months we ought to have plenty of large, brown eggs for breakfast.

I do need to read up on these creatures so they don't die on me. Luckily I have a couple good friends who have had chickens. I may be calling you :)

3 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Wow! I bet your kids are just loving them! It would be fun to watch them grow and to have fresh eggs!

Nat said...

How fun!

We got something new in our laundry room, too! Check out our blog!

...it isn't nearly as cool as yours, though!

Jodi said...

Fun. You are a brave mom. We have neighbors that have chickens. They are fun to watch.