Friday, June 5, 2009

home finding

So, I am totally slacking in this blog department. We are still working on getting a home. Patience is working in our favor because this home just came on the market 5 days ago and I drove over with the kids yesterday. We saw the house and a couple others in Selah, stayed at Taylor's hotel and swam in the pool. Then made an offer this morning and drove home in time for the kids to attend the last half of school. This is the third house we have offered on. The first home was huge and needed tons of remodeling. An LDS couple lived there and were divorcing, but had recently gotten back together and decided they wanted full price or were going to take the house off the market. It had been listed for a year. Their realtor was not happy. Then we decided the house surrounded by an apple orchard would work well for our family. They thought the house was worth more than us and we countered back and forth for a week, then we decided to explore some more and look at this other home that was new on the market. I think the apple orchard people are kicking themselves for not taking our offers. :) So we should hear by Sunday night the response on this house we like. I would tell you more about it, but if things don't work out I don't want you to be disappointed with me.
Things are going well. Taylor's enjoying the new job and school is winding down and the kids have lots of fun activities happening. We traded date nights with another couple, so Taylor and I will get to go have dinner on top of the Space Needle tomorrow! It will be a first for us and it was one thing that we wanted to do before we moved away.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Good luck! I hope everything works out. Have fun on your date! :)

Megan said...

YAY! I love the space needle! Maybe we will have to visit you sometime when you are settled!

AJ said...

We were wondering how things were going. We went up to the top of the Space Needle once before and it has a beautiful view.